AGM Challenge theme for 2019 - Magical Adventures
● Using your imagination, have fun whilst making a quilted item for the theme “Magical Adventures” – Region 10 has a history of magical stories and wondrous and colourful characters. Check out the YQ website for more information and plenty of ideas.
● Size - Individual entries can be up to 60cm (24”) in any one direction. Group entries can be up to 1m (39”) in any one direction.
● Be as creative as you like. It can be something useful or decorative. You can use any technique – patchwork, quilting, appliqué or a mixture of techniques, hand or machine sewing.
● The age bands for judging will be 5 to 9, 10 to 13, 14 to 18 and Groups.
● Remember this work needs to be made by you but please state if you have received any adult help and how (we understand everyone needs help sometimes).
RULES OF ENTRY
● The individual categories are open to all current YQ members.
● The Group Quilts category is open to all current YQ School members, groups led by a YQ volunteer who is a member of The Quilters’ Guild or a group of individual YQ members working as a team.
● Entry is free but you must register your entry by 20 March 2019.
● You do not have to attend the AGM to enter.
● Entries may be hand and/or machine sewn.
● Please state whether your quilt will hang or whether you need a table provided. A 4” deep hanging sleeve must be attached to the back of your quilted item if it is to hang.
● Entries received after the closing date of 3 May 2019 will not be entered into the challenge competition.
Entries will be displayed at the Conference and will be judged during the weekend. The winners will be announced at the end of the Conference and added to the YQ website shortly after the AGM weekend. For the first time, the Doris Debney prize money will be awarded to the 1st prize winners of each category, they will receive £25 each. Your entry may be collected at the end of the Conference weekend or it will be posted back to you. Your quilt will be insured by the Guild while it is at the conference. Quilts are not covered while in transit or at a member’s home. Please add it to your household contents insurance if so desired. Quilts are only insured for the cost of the materials unless the maker can prove they have sold quilts in the past for a specified figure.
HOW TO ENTER
Cut off and keep the label at the bottom of the Entry/Registration Form. This will need to be carefully filled in and attached to your entry when it is sent or handed in.
Complete the enclosed Entry/Registration form and send it to
Hilary Jackson, 78 Loughborough Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 7JJ
by 20 March 2019.
Send your finished item to the same address to arrive no later than
3 May 2019.
They must not be sent to Guild HQ.